Friday, August 13, 2010

Weigh In SFS

I weighed in on Friday morning and I was down 3.5 pounds!!!! I was so excited and gave myself a congratulatory speech in the shower. :)

What did I do differently?

I'm not sure, but here's a few things that I've been trying that I think may have contributed.
1. I didn't give up. I've kept up the "diet" or at least counting my calories. I've kept swimming and doing other exercises. Thank Marvelle for creating this website where I can keep going on the blogging.
2. I told myself I could do it. I watched something on TV that inspired me to use a little positive self-talk. I figured if I kept telling myself that I'd never lost any weight, I wouldn't. So, I switched it up and told myself a few times per day that I could do it, that I could loose weight.
3. I took my best friend's advice and I stayed off the scale. We normally keep a scale in our bathroom and my sister-in-law had moved it to weigh her luggage. I left it out of the bathroom until the end of the week. This morning I brought it up and weighed in and was ecstatic about the results.
4. I saw something on Oprah (I know...) and tried to only eat when I was hungry, and slow down and eat in a calm place. Sometimes I eat while I'm fixing lunch for the kids, or in front of the TV, or while on the computer, etc.

It's been 4 weeks since I started swimming so that is ALMOST a pound a week.
Anyway, I'm excited and I hope that I'll be able to loose at least 20 more pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment