Thursday, July 29, 2010

What day is it?

Okay so Wednesday:
Breakfast: Banana nut Cheerios (pretty tasty!)

267 calories

Lunch
chicken soft taco
rice
beans
chips

434 calories

Dinner
yoplait smoothie (yummy)
chips and cheese

369 calories

Snacks
yogurt
buttered toast
cookies

502 calories

exercises:
30 minutes of swimming

I've figured out I'm doing a half mile each morning. That's pretty good!

Thursday:

Breakfast:
cold cereal
166

Lunch
chicken and rice casserole
159

Dinner
protein burger
330

Snacks
fiber one bar
cheezits
el fudge cookies
623

Exercise:
None really. We had a rough night with the boys and I turned off my alarm at 4:00 when I put them both back to bed.... I did pull them in the wagon down to the park but my sis in law pulled it back. Not even a half mile there. Bleh!

I suck! I haven't lost any weight and if I'm being REALLY honest, it's because I'm not sticking to my plan. I eat too many calories between meals, too much junk food. So, I'm going to try to recommit and really work hard on no bread and no sugar.
There is this weird thing that happens when you're diabetic. You cut out the sugar, and your blood-sugars go down!

But here's what happens. I start getting really afraid that I'll go TOO low (lows are the worst!), so I just eat more to compensate. It's a really tough balance. My insulin pump is set to give me specific amounts of insulin throughout the day and when I kick up the exercise and change my eating habits, my blood sugar levels also change (decrease). I just have to figure out how to balance it all. Maybe I'll buy some of those nasty glucose tablets to carry in my purse.

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be a challenge - trying to balance everything out. Seems a bit unfair doesn't it - that you're exercising and eating healthier and that causes your insulin to be off? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete